Artist In Residence in SASAMA (AIRS)
You can stay in a renovated private house in the village of Sasama, and create pottery works with the adjacent atelier.
In addition to produce surrounded by abundant nature, participate in various seasonal events held in the area, interact with the local residents, meet the local cooking, agriculture, straw making etc. Cultural experience is also possible.
* Currently we mainly offer recruitment of ceramic artists. If you would like a residence in other art fields, please contact us.
Length of stay
From the shortest 15 days to the longest 60 days it is possible to stay according to your wishes.
Basic charge: 105,000 yen (30 days)*
*We charge by day. The price will change depending on your residency duration.
Included in cost
· Accommodation cost · Workshop usage fee · Clay (40 kg) · Firing costs (Bisque firing / electric kiln) · Hole kiln firing costs (1 time) · Glaze · Sasama's cultural activities (2 sessions)
* The price will change depending on the duration of days stayed and the details of your stay. Please contact us for more information.
Japanese · English · French
How to apply
· Please download the application form below and send it to email@example.com along with other documents.
· Please list the applicant's name in all file names.
· Please apply 30 days in advance of the residence start date.
3 photos of your works one headshot (photo is used for the introduction of residents etc.)
Explanation of style
Motivation for entry